Saturday 29 June 2013

ONLY GOD CAN TRANSFORM MAN

TEXT: EZEKIEL 11:19
As human beings, we are limited in power, wisdom, strength, and the determination to stay focused. We love to do what is right in the sight of God, but as much as we love to do what pleases the lord, our flesh is wagging war against us from doing the will of God.
As much as we are still living in this body of sin, it will be a real struggle to put our body into subjection. God says without Him we can do nothing (John 15:5).
In our text, the Almighty God told the Israelites that He would give them an undivided heart and put a new Spirit in them; He said He would remove their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh, so that they would follow His decrees and careful to keep His laws.
God decided to transform Israel from being a rebellious nation to a nation that will follow God and keep His decrees. Israel was rebellious despite several warning and punishment from God, yet they refused to change, then God decided to change their hearts, to give them undivided heart and put a new Spirit in them.
I believed that the Israelites would not have loved to be disobedient deliberately and sin against Him. Because they are human beings, they could not live above sin without the help of God.
God knows our capacity, He knows our frames and what we are made of (clay) He know that as long as we are still living in our flesh, we are prone to sin, because the flesh attracts dirty things, that is why He promise us that if we call on Him; He will save us. You need to call on God to do His spiritual surgery on you to transform you to a believer that will be able to live above sin. We need His divine intervention to be able to live according to His decrees.
Romans 7:15-18 “I do not understand what I do, for what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate, I do, and if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out….. Apostle Paul was lamenting about his flesh ruling over his spiritual man. He said he wanted to do good things but the evil living in his sinful nature is over ruling the good in him.

This is what is happening to all human beings, we all desire to do good, but the sinful nature of man does not permit us to do so always. We should cry to God to transform us to believers that will be able to live above the body of sin. We should ask God to grant us the grace to live right always. 












Image- Google image

No comments:

Post a Comment

GOD USES THE FOOLISH THING OF THIS WORLD TO CONFOUND THE WISE.

TEXT: 1 CORINTHIANS 1: 25, JUDGES 6: 11- 16 The dictionary defines foolishness as having or showing a lack of good sense, judgement, or d...