Saturday 6 July 2013

ON A COLD AND WINTRY NIGHT

I came to church one Sunday night,
A sinner, lost , undone,
I came to hear the Gospel preached,
To hear about God's son.

The one who can deliver
A sinful soul like me,
I wanted to know how to be saved,
How the lord could set me free.

I came to church on Sunday night,
But i found the door was closed!
They had cancelled the gospel meeting,
It was holiday time i suppose.

Others came and then turn away,
Disapointed at the sight,
The bars were open, the church was closed
On that cold and wintry night.

The Devil welcomed his patrons,
And i could imagine his glee
That the church was closed, the lights were out,
There was no welcome there for me!

I thought that this was the lord's day,
And not ours to do as we will,
Then why do men close up God's house,
While sinners are perishing still?

By- Joy Patterson

"Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together as the manner of some is,
but exhorting one another; and so much the more, as ye see the day."
                                                        Hebrew 10:25

" Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season, reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine."
11 Timothy 4:2

Image-Google image











www.vesselofpraisemusicministry.yolasite.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

GOD USES THE FOOLISH THING OF THIS WORLD TO CONFOUND THE WISE.

TEXT: 1 CORINTHIANS 1: 25, JUDGES 6: 11- 16 The dictionary defines foolishness as having or showing a lack of good sense, judgement, or d...