Monday 6 May 2013

THE UNEXPECTED FOE

A little child in Sunday School
heard the call of God one day,
that life is short and death is sure
and we are not here to stay

I'll wait till i'm older,
Surely time is on my side,
And when i'm in my teens,
I will, for the lord. decide.                                        

Teenage years brought problems,
And a career loomed ahead,
But still the lord was calling,
The tough of death brought
fear and dread.

Ill wait until i'm married,
I'm healthy and so strong,
Then I will come to the Saviour,
It won't be very long.

Marriage came and family,
And the business prospered well,
And still the lord was calling,
As steps hastened to hell.

I'll wait till i retire,
I'll have time then, i'm sure,
To trust Him as my Saviour,
But the days are getting fewer.

Death came suddenly one night,
As an unexpected foe,
He couldn't wait for another second,
Death came- he had to go!

Too late to seek salvation
In the only Saviour of men,
He had heeded the devil's lie
That there'd be time again

To come to the Savoiur,
But now he was too late,
O sinner, heed God's warning voice
Come now, don't hesitate.

Lest you be lost forever,
Just a step from the living way
That leadeth unto Heaven,
O trust the Lord today!

By- Joy Patterson

"Jesus said unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No man cometh unto the father, but by me". John 14:16

"Behold NOW is the accepted time; behold NOW is the day of salvation" 2 Corinthians 6:2
www.vesselofpraisemusicministry.yolasite.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

GOD USES THE FOOLISH THING OF THIS WORLD TO CONFOUND THE WISE.

TEXT: 1 CORINTHIANS 1: 25, JUDGES 6: 11- 16 The dictionary defines foolishness as having or showing a lack of good sense, judgement, or d...