Friday 13 July 2018

BENEFITS OF RIGHTEOUSNESS


TEXT: PROVERBS 14: 34
“Righteousness [moral and spiritual integrity and virtuous character] exalts a nation, but sin is a disgrace to any people.”
Righteousness means uprightness, decency, honesty and guiltlessness. It is the quality of being morally right or justifiable. Being righteous is when no mistake or bad deed is found in you- when you are blameless.
God encouraged us to live righteous so that we would partake in the blessing of righteousness. God wants absolute righteousness from us without spot or wrinkle- though the scripture says our righteousness is like filthy rag in His presence, yet God wants us to try all our best to live a holy life (we cannot continue in sin and ask grace to abound). Grace is available for all the children of God, but you MUST strive to live a holy life because righteous living cannot be replaced with anything.
The scripture made us to know that the spirit is willing but our flesh is weak (Matthew 26:41).
15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature.[a] For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
(Romans 7:15-20).
The above quote is from Apostle Paul in his wrestle against flesh and sin. We must constantly subject our flesh so that we will be able to live a righteous life to enjoy the promises of God concerning righteous living.

BENEFITS OF RIGHTEOUSNESS
·        It makes your way to be straight (Proverbs 11:5)
·        Righteousness delivers from problem (Proverbs 11:6)
·        You will be rescued from trouble (Proverbs 11: 8)
·        God will make your enemies to be at peace with you (Proverbs 16:7)
·        You will inherit the land – This means you will flourish in the land
·        (Psalm 37: 29)
·        It shall be well with you (Isaiah 3:10)
·        You will not be forsaken (Psalm 37: 25)
·        The Lord will grant you your heart desires (Proverbs 10:24)
·        Your children shall be delivered from evil and affliction (Proverbs 11: 21)
·        You will live in safety under the shadow of the almighty God (Proverb 18: 10)
·        Your path will be smooth and glorious- you will be moving from one level of glory to another (Proverbs 4: 18)
·        God will not withhold any good thing from you (Psalm 84: 11)
·        You will enjoy God’s favour in every area of your life (Psalm 5:12)

HOW TO LIVE RIGHTEOUSLY
·        Fear the Lord and do not do anything that can cause separation between you and God.
·        Study His word (Bible) and apply it to your lifestyle.
·        Obedience is crucial- not partial obedience to His commands.
·        Put your flesh into subjection and let the spirit of God rule over your flesh.
·        Holiness and humility is key to righteous living.
·        Acknowledge God in all your doing, so that He can direct your path..
·        Live a lifestyle of praise, worship and prayer.
·        Live in love- love the “unlovable” do not follow the slogan of “an eye for an eye.”- Do good to them that hates you (This takes the grace of God… the grace is sufficient for you- ask for it).
The benefits of righteousness cannot be over emphasised. If we can stand right with God and walk in His will, we would not need to struggle for many things in life, because God will take care of everything in our favour.
Image: Google Image


No comments:

Post a Comment

GOD USES THE FOOLISH THING OF THIS WORLD TO CONFOUND THE WISE.

TEXT: 1 CORINTHIANS 1: 25, JUDGES 6: 11- 16 The dictionary defines foolishness as having or showing a lack of good sense, judgement, or d...